ENTHUSIASTS AND GEARHEADS WANTED
If you’re passionate about cycling, we might have a position for you at Cane Creek. The environment in our North Carolina facility is progressive, fun and full of opportunity. So if you think you’re a good fit for Cane Creek, we want to hear from you. Here are several reasons why it’s a great idea to join the team:
- On-site fitness area
- Midday lunch rides
- We are a company dedicated to being a steward for our community and environment
- Passionate team members who love what they do
- On-site bike shop
- On-site pump track
- Employee purchase perks
- For the love of coffee, we keep you caffeinated all day!
- Fido friendly facility
- Training and advancement opportunities
- We are employee-owned. Through the ESOP employees get to share in the growth of the company.
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
If you are interested in a position at Cane Creek please submit a resume to email@example.com.
Job Description – Engineering Technician
Reports to: Director of Engineering
The Engineering Technician is responsible for the engineering support of all technical engineering projects and Cane Creek products and ensuring that the products continue to set and advance the industry standards and benchmarks. The Engineering Technician will assist in all phases of the design, development, production, testing, operation, and maintenance of existing and new products.
- Providing technical support to build, research, develop, test, verify, and validate engineering-related equipment or products
- Assisting with quality inspection
- Providing support and assistance with entering and routing new BOM in the ERP system
- Assisting in technical efforts to document project and product-related changes, defects, revisions, or updates
- Serve as a technical resource to other departments
- Manage and maintain the Engineering test lab
- Ensuring that all documented test reports, technical reports, and analysis are kept up to date and accurate
- Supporting the design and development of engineering-related tools, machines, and test equipment
- Lends support to identify features/dimensions/parts, measurements and/or certification, and documentation of incoming parts and working with production to ensure that they meet specifications
- Providing technical engineering support to production
- Assist with the ordering and management of parts inventory for engineering-related equipment
- Collaborate with the engineering team and other departments to identify, define, and solve technical problems
- Provide support in the diagnosis and replication of product failures, as well as the evaluation of corrective actions
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking all Cane Creek owned bikes and bike equipment
- Coordinating and managing test riders for Cane Creek products; including identifying test riders, preparing test products, and recording and documenting feedback
- 4-year degree, preferably in a technical field
- Experience with fluid systems (seals, bushings, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with 3D and 2D CAD Systems
- Professional level experience with ERP systems and BOMs
- Strong problem solving skills
- A love of cycling and industry knowledge is preferred
- Valid Passport – domestic and international travel is likely
Job Description – Rider Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Rider Engagement
Under the direction of our Director of Rider Engagement, the Rider Engagement Coordinator will be involved in all marketing, promotional, public relations, advertising, sponsorship, social media and sales support initiatives. He/She will be responsible for creating and sharing marketing content and collateral while providing day-to-day supervision of rider engagement projects and tasks. The Rider Engagement Coordinator will partner with key stakeholders in the organization to implement effective marketing programs and drive dynamic growth within Cane Creek Cycling Components.
- Manage and report on the status of tasks and projects in the Rider Engagement department and help coordinate the marketing teams’ efforts and ensure projects are moving forward.
- Creating content for social media and web and also working with other people throughout the company to gather and create content reflecting the authentic character of Cane Creek.
- Assist with maintaining and implementing a flexible schedule for content on the website homepage, ensuring content is fresh and up to date.
- Maintain the marketing project calendar and marketing editorial calendars (web and social content). Ensuring that assigned tasks are recorded and up to date in team projects management software and that the Marketing Director is notified if a project or task is in jeopardy of not being completed by the assigned due date.
- Maintain and manage the marketing database of photographs, videos, one-sheets and other sales support documents.
- Field questions and respond to comments on social media, field emails from the sponsorship and marketing email addresses and help with customer service emails as needed. Actively managing the firstname.lastname@example.org email inbox.
- Serve as the contact point for marketing for the purposes of collateral requests, web article needs and ideas and request for service and support videos.
- Coordinate event logistics including car rentals, hotel bookings, booth reservations and other tasks associated with events.
- Work with sales to develop support documents including quick-link emails, slide presentations, leave behind documents and one-sheets.
- Design web and social media graphics or work with a graphic designer to ensure those graphics are completed while staying on budget.
- Assist with photo and video shoots.
- Take part in short-term planning and long-term vision development for marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for engaging with customers on social media.
- Coordinate with the company’s internal departments, marketing staff, and external consultants.
- Provide support for any other marketing task as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A love of cycling is required; industry knowledge is not.
- Two years+ of professional work experience.
- Willingness to travel to special events and tradeshows nationwide and possibly international.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google, Social media platforms
- Experience coordinating projects with cross-functional departments and third-party providers.
- Superior communication skills; ability to effectively work with others internally and externally
- Ideal candidate is resourceful, innovative, collaborative, enthusiastic, creative, outgoing, passionate about success, and willing to pitch-in at all levels for the benefit of the team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a crucial part of the success of this position, specifically the ability to present ideas and information clearly, personify the voice of a customer, and adjust tone and nuance with the audience in mind
- Ideal candidate needs to be highly organized and have strong attention to detail while remaining flexible and prepared to adjust quickly to new marketing strategies and tactics
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred but not required
Job Description – Suspension Assembly Technician
Reports to: Suspension Manager
The Suspension Technician is responsible for the assembly process of Cane Creek suspension products. He/she will organize and execute the assembly of suspension products in the suspension assembly areas. The Suspension Technician is responsible for build and quality related procedures and will execute quality checks on said procedures.
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
- Assemble various products in the suspension areas; focusing on quality.
- Comply with policies, guidelines, and regulatory requirements per the company.
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Production Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
- Attending informational meetings and trainings as necessary.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Perform quality and procedure checks on a regular basis. Perform QC checks every on 30 minute cycles.
- Perform first article and bill of materials (BOM) checks for any builds starting.
- Input information into the ERP system, putting completed shocks and parts away as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems with suspension products, work to find solutions to problems and provide training on those solutions.
- Review production schedule to determine available parts for build orders.
- Responsible for tracking disposables, wear items, and tools.
- Process and sort Return Authorizations (RA’s) for the suspension rework team.
- Responsible for clearly communicating production needs to supervisor and related department leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English.
- Knowledge with suspension products and systems.
- Experience in a manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- A focus on quality and safety.
- Good judgment and decision making skills.
- Results/goal driven personality.
- Ability to positively communicate well with others.
- A love of cycling and industry knowledge is preferred