ENTHUSIASTS AND GEARHEADS WANTED
If you’re passionate about cycling, we might have a position for you at Cane Creek. The environment in our North Carolina facility is progressive, fun and full of opportunity. So if you think you’re a good fit for Cane Creek, we want to hear from you. Here are several reasons why it’s a great idea to join the team:
- On-site fitness area
- Midday lunch rides
- We are a company dedicated to being a steward for our community and environment
- Passionate team members who love what they do
- On-site bike shop
- On-site pump track
- Employee purchase perks
- For the love of coffee, we keep you caffeinated all day!
- Fido-friendly facility
- Training and advancement opportunities
- We are employee-owned. Through the ESOP employees get to share in the growth of the company.
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
If you are interested in a position at Cane Creek please submit a resume to email@example.com.
Job Description – Financial Controller
Reports to: CEO
The Financial Controller will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the activities of the finance and accounting functions of the Company. Critical responsibilities include supervision of the monthly close process, collection of accounts receivable, supervising accounts payable, monthly reporting of financial statements, annual preparation of a budget, assisting in the preparation of quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation and all treasury administration. He/she will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. The Financial Controller is expected to develop and implement systems and processes that enhance the organization’s overall profitability and asset utilization.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Oversees the hiring and development of the finance team, motivates and empowers employees, assigns and directs their activities.
- Prepares annual budget, workpapers supporting annual tax returns and financial compilations.
- Reviews and records journal entries required to reflect monthly activity.
- Oversees monthly and annual accounting close process including timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Conducts analytical review of Company operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective. Presents observations and conclusions of analyses to the Executive Team and, where appropriate, recommends actions for improvement.
- Prepares cash projections to effectively manage cash balances.
- Oversees all accounts payable and accounts receivable activities of the Company.
- Maintains fixed asset records of the Company.
- Prepares annual budgets incorporating historical results and future assumptions and by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Implements, documents and maintains adequate and effective internal controls.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Develops and implements strategies for finance and administration consistent with overall Company strategies.
- Works closely with other functional leaders in the Company, including those in Operations, Sales, Marketing and Engineering to develop, establish, and direct finance and administration activities.
- Develops specific short-term and long-term plans and programs, supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
- Ensures implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support finance and administrative activities.
- Develops and presents for approval financial budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Develops and implements finance and administrative plans that support the Company’s overall operating budget.
- Directs, monitors, and appraises the performance of direct reports and provides the necessary coordination between activities.
- Coordinates activities of department with those of other company units. Seeks mutual agreement on problems involving coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Strong analytical, financial and reasoning abilities.
- Knowledge of operations, sales and marketing and engineering as related to financial management of the Company.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive—but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Satisfactory communication skills, written and verbal.
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- A love of cycling and industry knowledge is preferred